- Slow Cooked Southwestern Chicken and White Bean Soup
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups Natural Northern Foods Original Salsa fresh or jarred
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 can navy beans (about 16 oz) rinsed and drained
- 1 large white onion chopped (about 1 cup)
Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it’s well browned, stirring often. Stir the chicken broth, salsa, garlic, cumin, beans and onion in a 3 ½ quart slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until the chicken is cooked through.